Our beautiful girl, Shelby...a.k.a The Marshmallow
December 1998-July 2011
For those who were lucky to know "our girl" you would know that all she wanted and desired was love...and a few treats! She gave me my first insight into what parenting might be like by peeing in my bed on our first night together. She chewed things she shouldn't of and made many messes, but no matter how frustrated I might have felt it always dissolved when I looked into her beautiful brown eyes. I still remember taking her to obedience training and people saying, "You can just tell she's a girl, she has such a pretty face!"
Shelby has been with me almost as long as Bryant has been in my life. It is because of Bryant's mom and stepfather that I have Shelby, who was my gift on my 26th birthday. You've never seen such a roly poly bundle of puppy!
As the years have gone by Shelby has always been my snuggle buddy and a wonderful listening ear. During the times Bryant and I struggled to have a baby of our own, Shelby was my baby and always willing to give me a sweet look and to lick my tears away. We/I are so lucky to have had such a wonderful dog, one that will never be forgotten, and our hope is that she's running around in heaven sniffing the ground for a few missed treats right now!
XXXXOOO We miss you Shelby Girl!


No comments:
Post a Comment